Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cat

Even Craig has wholeheartedly admitted that Joe is a Bad Cat. Actually, he has some more colorful terms, but this is a family blog.

So. I had full dispensation to get rid of him, as long as I delivered him to another family or a shelter. I listed him on Craiglist and had a new home for him within 24 hours. Took him there yesterday.

He lasted FIVE minutes. The girl I gave him to has had zillions of pets, including, at present, another cat, 3 birds, and a tank full of fish. So, you know, she isn't a pet novice. Joe bit her twice. The first time, she called me (I was 3 blocks away) to ask whether he regularly bit people. I lied and said no. (Thank goodness she didn't ask whether he habitually pees down vents.) She conceded that he was probably just nervous and she'd give him some time.

Two blocks later, she called and asked me to come get him back. He had done a Pounce-and-Bite. Nice. **&%$#(*(&^&&^%^$$%

The worst part, to me (well, other than the obvious--that this horrid creature is still sleeping under our roof) is that Ainslie, despite being sad, handled leaving him SO WELL for an almost-four-year-old who for whatever reason, loves this cat. So now, he's back, and I can break her heart again when I take him to a shelter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awful! I feel for you, sista!

~annie

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you that I am laughing out loud.

Holly