Monday, June 30, 2008

And that was June!

Notice how my last post was almost a month ago? Yeah. June went quickly!

Our fun kicked off on June 3, Ainslie's 4th birthday. I can't believe how fast her year of being 3 went. All the new things she can do! In the past year she started preschool and dance, got moved up (again!) in gymnastics, learned to sound out words and read a little, made tons of new friends, said a million hilarious things, and grew three and a half inches. On her birthday, we did fun things all day, then grandma and grampa came over for her birthday dinner--she wanted pepperoni pizza, popcorn, and strawberries. I had never served popcorn as a side dish before, but whatever, it was her birthday!

The very next day, I drove her to Kingdom City, MO, to meet my mom, who took her back to LS for a whole week, because Craig won a trip to Cancun--so that's where we were until the 9th. The resort was gorgeous, the beaches were beautiful and it was a great time.

The following week, Craig and I ran around in circles getting work done and getting ready for Ainslie's return and the Big Birthday Party and Dance Recital Weekend. 15 4-yr- olds at our house. Dance recital the next day. Lots of relatives. Fun--but if I had it to do over again... alas, I do not. ;-)

Then we had a week of VBS, peppered with trips to the water park, gymnastics class, playdates, farmers' markets, and me trying to get to my new job and the class I teach now and then. (Luckily I can work from home most of the time!)

June ended with 6 of us kidnapping my friend Holly, who will soon be a fabulous 40, and taking her to Chicago on the train overnight, where we all tried to act like we are 20 again. FUN WEEKEND!

July looks a tiny bit less busy, but we are having fun. Lots of trips to the library and water park, swimming lessons, and I start a new quarter at Robert Morris, this time teaching 3 sections. That is a lot of papers to grade.

Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Holly said...

What do you mean "acted like we were 20"?

I still can't quit smiling. Nothing is better~ then good friends and lots of laughter.

You are simply the best :)